Sunglasses are more than just a fashion statement - they’re important protection from the hazards of UV light.
If you wear are sunglasses mostly for fashion that’s great, just make sure the lenses block UVA and UVB rays.
And if you don’t wear sunglasses, it’s time to start.
Just like adults, children need to have their eyes examined. This begins at birth and continues into adulthood.
Following are my recommendations for when a child needs to be screened, and what is looked for at each stage.
A child’s first eye exam should be done either right at or shortly...
1. Vision is so important to humans that almost half of your brain’s capacity is dedicated to visual perception.
2. The most active muscles in your body are the muscles that move your eyes.
3. The surface tissue of your cornea (the epithelium) is one of the quickest-healing tissues in your...
Sunglasses are a great fashion accessory, but their most important job is to protect your eyes from the sun's ultraviolet rays
Have you ever wondered what happens to the visual system as we age? What does the term "second sight" mean? What is presbyopia? What are the eyes more susceptible to as the aging process occurs? What can be done to prevent certain aging factors of the eye? The answer lies in a theory known as...
You’ve been diagnosed with a cataract and you’ve been told you should have cataract surgery. The surgeon is also telling you that you should consider paying extra out of pocket it for it.
Where did this come from? Why should you have to pay out of pocket for cataract surgery? Shouldn’t your...
That Depends On The Option You Choose
Should you pay extra for cataract surgery? Many surgeons refer to these options as “Premium,” “Advanced,” “Custom” or “Refractive” cataract surgery.
First let me describe the three basic choices that are available today.
Option 1 - Basic cataract...
A recent study published in JAMA Ophthalmology has demonstrated in older women a correlation between having cataract surgery and a decrease in death rate from all causes.
The data comes from a prospective longitudinal study called the Women’s Health Initiative. This study involved women 65...
More Articles ...
- Eyes feel Like the Sahara Desert : What do I do?
- Through a Mother’s Eyes
- What can I do for my red and itchy eyelids?
- 5 reasons not to buy your eyeglasses online
- What Is Refraction And Why Doesn’t Insurance Always Cover It?
- The Three O's of Eye Care: Ophthalmologist, Optometrist and Optician
- The Aging Eye
- Acuvue BLINK STABILIZED latest lens for astigmatism